Do you have a story that you think is right for PenDust Radio?
We’d love to read it!
• 3,500 – 6,000 words.
• We accept fiction and nonfiction. As long as it’s creatively written and engaging, we love it all!
• We are happy to accept previously published work, but you must hold all rights to publish with us.
• The story may be an excerpt from a larger work, provided it stands on its own.
• Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
• You may submit up to five stories, but please use a separate submission for each.
• Submissions are currently closed but will open again in January.
What kind of content do we like?
- Character Driven: Multifaceted, intriguing characters who really come alive on the page. (If nonfiction, this should apply to the subject of your story.)
- Whether fiction or nonfiction, your main character should have something very clearly at stake — something they desperately want, something to be accomplished or avoided, or something to lose.
- Since this is audio format, your story should draw us in right away. (Podcast listeners move on to something else if the story doesn’t grab them right away.)
- Optional, but always fun: Plot twists or resolutions we didn’t see coming.
- All genres except horror and sci-fi. We do not publish religious or dystopian work.
What don’t we like?
- Depressing stories about illness, abuse, and death.
- Stories lacking action and don’t really go anywhere.
- Stories in which the main character doesn’t change or have any insight.
- Stories lacking a strong pay-off at the end.
- Experimental fiction (because it can be tricky in audio format).
How to Submit
Submissions are currently closed.